Compition Terms & Conditions
VEDAY 75 AT HOME Celebrations & Decorations Picture and Quiz
1. The promoter is: LEE VE75 c/o The Lee Residents Association (LRA) where the organisers office is at Leeward, 24 Montserrat Road, Lee on the Solent PO13 9LT
2. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 13 years or over.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions
5. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via ‘LEE VE75’ & ‘VEDAY 75 AT HOME’ Event on Facebook page and Group.
6. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
7. Closing date for entry will be 11th May 2020. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
9.1 Celebrations & Decorations
The purpose of this Competition is to receive photographs that Display and Captures the essence the VEDAY 75 Celebrations and Decorations that are held on and only on 8th May 2020. 'Entries can be either emailed to the following email address: email@example.com supported by the entrant’s contact details comprising of Name and Telephone Number or posted directly onto the VEDAY 75 AT HOME Group event page. Photo which do not represent the correct date of 8th May 2020 will be excluded.
The purpose for this Competition is to create a Quiz online for the VE Day 75th Anniversary celebrations using YouTube as the delivery method. The Quiz will be hosted by Martin Heighway who will be the question master on the evening of the 8th. The winners will be be decided by the host at the end of the quiz
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. The prize is £250.00 that will be paid to one winner for the Celebrations & Decorations AND for the Quiz the prizes are as follows: £75.00 for 1st, £50.00 for 2nd and £25.00 for 3rd.
The prize is as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
13. Winner will be chosen: From all entries received and verified by Promoter. As a result of a popular vote conducted of all received entries a winner will be nominated by panel of judges appointed by the Promoter. There will be three entries that will be chosen as first, second and third places; this is will be in case the winner cannot be contacted
14. The winner will be notified by Telephone within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted; three calls to the provided Telephone Number will be made. If contact cannot be made, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner from the already selected second or third selections.
15. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered. This will be paid by Bank Transfer or Cheque.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [English] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [England].
19. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
20. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
21. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.